Friday, September 23, 2011

Golden Monkey and Nintendo Wii

Last night, as a means of avoiding some loitering followers of the Insane Clown Posse and their all-too-real-looking rifle, I took a short fifteen minute drive over to Stroudsburg to enjoy my weekly visit with Grigs. We are both quite competitive when it comes to Nintendo Wii, which is a great outlet for her job stress and my over-thinking stress. To make things more interesting, we each slowly consume a bottle of beer during our 2 hours of jumping around the living room trying to recapture the power serve in tennis. Maybe it's because I'm a lightweight, or maybe it's because I haven't eaten for a few hours, but I've discovered that a bottle of Golden Monkey packs quite a punch. Those Belgians must have special hops for brewing, which is much more pleasant to consider than them using fermented monkey feces. Needless to say, I'm glad that we jump around for two hours so that my body can metabolize the alcohol before I drive home. Once we get tired of exerting ourselves in tennis, which I tend to dominate, we move on to bowling, which I struggle with at times, especially when I forget to release the ball properly and end up with a human strike, which involves tossing the ball into the crowd standing behind me. Grigs and I are both amused at our change in temperament between tennis and bowling. While we are still competitive at bowling, we tend to compliment each other when we get strikes or spares. Tennis, on the other hand, is much more cut-throat with threats and our bodies bouncing around the living room. It is definitely one of the highlights of my week, though, to just be able to let lose and pretend like a kid again. As Grigs likes to say, we are channeling our inner middle school child.

No comments:

Post a Comment