Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Adventure Dream: Sledging in New Zealand

I'm not sure when I will be having my next adventure, but one that is on the top of my list is to go sledging in New Zealand. Many might wonder what the heck sledging is; essentially it is glorified boogie-boarding through class III-V rapids on a specialized plastic craft, but way cooler. I first saw sledging when I was watching an episode of The Amazing Race years ago. It looked epic and I decided then and there that one day I would go sledging, hopefully in New Zealand. I tried to go sledging in Aspen, CO, on my roadtrip two summers ago, but Aspen Seals was not taking reservations that summer. Hopefully I will one day achieve my dream of sledging in New Zealand. I would definitely love the adrenaline pumping adventure and I'm sure I would pack many other awesome activities into my trek to New Zealand whenever I visit. I think sandboarding, hiking, and kayaking would all be a must. But time will tell if this dream ever comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment