Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sogginess That is the Pacific Northwest





It was pouring rain last night when we went to bed and we woke up to more rain. The idea to hike to Tunnel Falls was therefore scrapped since it was probably not the greatest conditions to hike on a trail that was carved into the edge of a 120 foot cliff. So we got a chance to sleep in and I read some of my book and ate Kix once I woke up from a train going by in the gorge. My half of the tent happened to be sitting in a gigantic puddle, so that was a good time, as was disassembling the tent and packing it. To make up for the lack of a hike, Chrissy and I drove along the Columbia River Scenic Highway on Route 30 to see Horsetail Falls and Multonomah Falls. After getting soaked taking pictures, we went shopping at the Christian Outlet once we found out that our jetboat ride for tomorrow got cancelled due to the weather. A bit of a bummer, but not the end of the world since we can do that on the east coast. We drove through Tillamook Forest and got changed into dry clothes at the visitor's center. After another hour or so of driving, we finally reached the Pacific Coast Highway and got pictures of the ocean. Now that we have wasted time at Starbucks and I have chatted with my brother on the phone, it is time to drive down to our campsite in Gold Beach, Oregon. Oh and for those of you who do not know, Chrissy is also keeping a blog at travelingfervor.blogspot.com. She has some great old pics up of my brother and I that were on the wall at my grandma's, along with an old wedding picture of my parents that I saw for the first time. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. With all the rain you're dealing with now, you'll appreciate the desert more later!

    ReplyDelete