Thursday, May 10, 2012

York

So I'm currently relaxing in a Starbucks in York, PA. I've been in travel mode the past two weeks because I became quite restless with the monotony of my life. All I would do was go to work, drive home, and search for jobs online in vain. I've sent out so many applications that I've lost track. I got a call a couple weeks ago asking me some pre-screening questions. I forget the name of the hospital, but I remember panicking in my mind when the woman said the name and I had no bloody clue where the hospital was. Thankfully part of her questioning was to determine if I was okay that the hospital was in Greenwood, Indiana, as opposed to Indianapolis.
But I digress. My mind has been wandering a lot, which goes along great with all of the actual wandering that I have been doing. If you've been keeping up with my latest posts, you'll know that I'm on a bit of a concert kick. I've seen four concerts in the past two weeks, ranging from popcore to jazz to hardcore. Tonight I am seeing yet another concert. This time I'm in York to see The Rocket Summer and Switchfoot play at the Pullo Performing Center at Penn State York. I'm pretty excited, though I'm sure nobody would be able to tell. I'm rather good at internalizing emotions such as excitement, but that's just because I have an all around mellow personality. I think seeing Icon for Hire the other night was the first time I really let loose and didn't really care what people thought. I jumped around, sang, and headbanged to all of the songs and had a blast. I guess my neon yellow shirt made me a bit noticeable because when I asked the members for a picture, they were like, "Oh yea we saw you out there singing along with us." Awesome! My goal in life isn't really to get noticed, but I'm glad that my enthusiasm was appreciated.
Tonight I doubt I'll be jumping around because unlike all of the other concerts I've been too, not counting the jazz at the bar, this concert has seating. I am in row J seat 4, which is actually a pretty decent spot. I feel like I've heard The Rocket Summer before somewhere, possibly at the Bamboozle way back in the day, and by that, I mean 2008. Scary how time flies by so fast! Regardless, it'll be cool to hear them open for Switchfoot. Last time I saw Switchfoot was November 2007 when I went to New York City with my brother. I'm really looking forward to hearing them play songs off of their new album, Vice Verses, because it is probably my favorite album that they have made. I can really relate to all of the songs, especially "War Inside," "Thrive," "Souvenirs," and "Where I Belong." Hopefully it's a good set all around so that I'm amped for my 2+ hr car ride back to the Burg tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment