Saturday, March 2, 2013

Trampoline Bouncing Before a 7 Mile Trail Race

So I'm currently in Sunbury, PA, visiting my my friend KK, which is always a good time because she has truckloads of energy and makes everything fun. We met up at Kmart yesterday with Hannah and Andrea to go to the Bounceplex, which is pretty much a gigantic facility that has trampolines for floors and some on the walls as well. We spent a good hour bouncing around watching Hannah do sideways flips before trekking to Perkins, which is a tradition that KK and I have and pass on to others. I had my usual french toast, but opted to add a side of bacon because I was hungry. Everybody else got omelette platters. The conversation was great too as we joked a lot, adding plenty of laughter to the evening. The toast that was brought out for Hannah was slathered in butter, so we nicknamed it Paula Dean Toast. Something else that I found quite amusing was the fact that she was rattling the ice in her empty glass of water hoping more would appear. When none did, we called it her death rattle.
After leaving Perkins, KK and Hannah were making lots of funny noises in the parking lot causing Andrea to comment that she felt like she was at the zoo with the monkeys talking to each other. On that note, we headed back to  KK's house to be bums on the couch watching television for the rest of the evening.
Today we had pancakes for breakfast, freshly cooked by KK. It was a great pre-race meal since we both ran the Humdinger 7.1 mile trail race. It started at 3pm and we had a wonderful time! KK was hilarious because she was chockfull of endorphins the entire run. There were plenty of creek crossings where we had to balance on logs to get to the other side. Mud abounded along the course and the hill we had to climb up was massive. Regardless, KK and I had a blast, especially at the first "water" station where we got served beer and acquired a set of beads.
Towards the end of the race there was a sign that said "cool people" with an arrow pointing to a creek that went under the road. KK and I opted to follow it since we were so close to the finish line. After the creek, we ran across planks over fire, climbed fences through pig pens (and yes, two pigs were actually in the pen), climbed a cargo net into the pig barn loft, and then slid down the slip n slide before finishing the race. Although I was exhausted afterwards, I'm so glad that KK and I participated and we plan on doing a race every year as a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment