Sunday, March 3, 2013

Update From Tennessee

I'm currently in a Panera in downtown Chattanooga after an 11 hour drive. I feel very accomplished because I have been in six states today: Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia. I had a lovely exchange with a cashier at a BP in Virginia. I asked her how her day was going and she responded with, "It's going," before asking me about my day. I said that it involved a long drive because I was on my way to Chattanooga. Upon asking me why, I proceeded to tell her how I'm volunteering with Samaritan's Purse for tornado cleanup in Mississippi. Her response was, "Bless you heart and have a blessed day! Also stay safe!" Nice to know that even a stranger wants me to be careful in my travels.
The drive went smoothly and I had time to drive up Lookout Mountain, which is on the Georgia/Tennessee border. I opted to venture into the Ruby Falls cavern for a tour and was very excited to see the 145 foot waterfall that is 1000 feet underground. It's pretty spectacular and I'm very glad that I was able to play tourist. Now it's about time I finish my food so I can go find a place to park my car for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment