Sunday, July 10, 2011

To the Beach!


For those of you who don't know me well, let me start by saying that I am currently studying for my degree in clinical exercise physiology. My program does not require a thesis, but we do have to take a comprehensive exam. This past Thursday is when that exam took place for me, which signified the last test that I would take in my college career, and to celebrate, I went with some friends on two day trips to Point Pleasant Beach, NJ.
Friday morning, Chrissy, Fiona, and Melody all met at my apartment before heading out on our first excursion to the beach. Traffic thankfully wasn't bad, so we made it there in good time. Unfortunately, the parking ticket machine ran out of paper to print receipts, so we had to cancel that charge and find a machine that actually worked. After straightening out that minor annoyance, we lugged our stuff to the beach and lay down to relax...in the fog. It was so foggy that an advertising airplane was not even visible. It was still fun and we got to enjoy the sun and ocean until 4pm.
The most entertaining moment was when the seagulls hijacked some Doritos from a family's bag of food. The drive back was treacherous due to the rain and heavy traffic from the city heading north for the weekend. Once we got back home, we decided to go to Olive Garden for dinner, which was fantastic. The evening was capped off with a couple of episodes of Glee and sleep. 
Saturday morning Chrissy and Fiona met me again before we made our same journey south to Point Pleasant. Thankfully the sun was out all day, which really made me happy inside. Immediately we all jumped into the water because we were so hot, and then we coated ourselves in sunscreen and SunIn before laying out in the sun.
We ventured into the ocean a handful of times and enjoyed watching the parasailers and motor boats pulling rafts of people. Some of the waves were really intense, but still lots of fun. I just enjoyed being able to relax and not having to fret over studying for class for the first time in weeks. I definitely needed the break. Two more classes this week and then I will officially be done. The only disappointing part of my day was finding out that Germany lost its quarterfinal match to Japan in the Women's World Cup. Check back here soon because I have a busy week planned full of paintballing for the first time, Warped Tour, and then my brother and I leave for Germany on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment