Sunday, May 23, 2010

Galilee Farewells


So my cat is laying at my feet as I type this because she has finally caught onto the fact that I am leaving. I spent most of today packing and getting everything situated for the trip tomorrow morning. I have plenty of clothes, books, and music to stay occupied for a while. I also went over a few last minute details about the route to keep my mind occupied.
My family and I all enjoyed a tasty steak dinner with baked potatoes. The typical Muth humor resonated through the air. My brother, Nick, started things off by saying, "If Matt was a doorman, he could be a doormat." Then my dad chimed in with "You could take a gamble and run the Vegas marathon." After my mother made some comment to packing heat, I finished things off by saying I would carry around my George Foreman grill. Oh how I will miss the awful humor for a month.
Nick and I then went over to Matt's house for the evening to discuss the trip and how I will be visiting his sister, Julie, in Jackson Hole. We enjoyed some Blue Moon, Bob White's dessert, and the Yankee game on radio before I had to head back home to greet Chrissy. Soon we will be getting some sleep so we can wake up bright and early to begin our epic adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment