Saturday, May 15, 2010

T-Minus 9 Days


I have come to realize that our departure on May 24th is fast approaching. After over a year and a half of discussing and outlining the trip, there are now only 9 days until we actually leave. I spent most of today analyzing our itinerary and trying to calculate how long we will actually be gone, instead of the vague answer of about 5 weeks. My rough estimate is now narrowed down to 30-32 days, but it is good to have a few days extra if necessary. That will definitely reduce feeling rushed in certain areas, which will help us both thoroughly enjoy every moment.
I've checked three things off my list of things I need to do before leaving. I have informed my uncle Bob of our impending arrival (whenever that may be), I have informed my grandmother that we will be stopping for a night (again the date is unknown), and I had my hair chopped off so that it will be easier to manage along the way. I think I'll have my friend, Teresa, make me nice and blonde on Tuesday to complete the pre-summer makeover.
I still need to call the Circus World Museum in Baraboo, WI, to try and set an appointment to do research in their library. My great great grandmother and her sister were famous trapeze artists back in the day: Louise Adele and Lizzie Vaidis. My hope is to find some more information about them or maybe some playbills and posters. I'm also hoping to reach Jackson Hole, WY, by Memorial Day weekend so that we can stay with Julie and Josh during the busy holiday. So much to do in such little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment