Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Welcoming the Role of the Outcast

While I have been preparing for this trip, I have considered all of the possible people that we may meet along the way. They will come from all walks of life and I'm sure I will not get the chance to know many of them. It made me wonder about how I may come across to people and how I am perceived by my peers on a day to day basis. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I am wasting my time. I should not be concerned with what the world and the people around me think of me. I should only be concerned about God's perception of me and make sure that I am serving Him completely with all of my actions. If I disgrace myself, I disgrace God. This concept is outlined in the following verse: "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." -John 15:18-19. This verse teaches me to not let the judgmental world keep me from being myself. Whether I succeed or fail, laugh or cry, wear bright colors or blend in, or if I travel or stay home, there will always be somebody who thinks the worst of me. Therefore, I must ignore any misconceptions that the world holds. I shall continue living my life to the best of my abilities in search of fulfillment and a higher purpose, instead of living life as a people-pleaser. A song that best describes this is "All That Matters" by Addison Road. Click the link to have a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ6PfAP62Q0

No comments:

Post a Comment